Last updated: 5/07/2020
We are so grateful for the support of our wonderful residents, families, and team members. This has certainly not been an easy journey navigating these uncharted waters, but we thank our team members for doing their best to keep our residents and each other safe. The support we received from our community is heartwarming. Thank you to each of you who have donated masks, food, and supplies, gas cards, as well as offering a simple thank you to our dedicated healthcare heroes.
Although many states are discussing lifting restrictions, given the impact this novel virus has on our residents, senior living communities will likely be one of the last industries to lighten or remove restrictions. The health and wellness of our residents and team members is our number one priority. Therefore, current visitor restrictions will continue as recommended by the Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) along with the National Center for Assisted Living and other state and local healthcare agencies. We will continue to seek input from these agencies as we work to develop a plan for reducing restrictions. We will continue to follow their guidance on when it is safe.
We are aggressively monitoring the COVID-19 situation and updating our practices and precautions based on the evolving guidance of the CDCP, CMS, NCAL, AHCA and various state and local health agencies. – At this time, we are not currently aware of any confirmed COVID-19 cases presently in our community.
The health and well-being of residents and employees is our first priority; therefore, we are implementing the following additional measures at all communities:
- We are continuing visitor restrictions to only essential personnel (as defined by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and family members of residents who are receiving end of life care.
- In addition to screening and obtaining temperatures on all visitors and team members entering our community, we have also implemented universal mask usage. Visitors will apply a mask upon entering our community. Team members will apply their mask at the front desk upon completing the screening process.
- We have begun utilization of paper products for dining services.
- We will be keeping new or returning residents in a modified droplet precaution room to further prevent the possible spread of COVID-19.
- We are asking all residents to remain in their apartments to better protect themselves.
- Additional activities that can be done in the room are being offered as well as providing additional ways to connect with loved ones.
- We continue to educate staff on enhanced infection prevention practices.
- We are following the CDC guidelines for laundering clothing and are requesting that family members allow our communities to complete our residents laundering.
- We are holding all mail and items brought in by families for 24 hours. We have learned from other senior living organizations that they believe this process, in addition to the clothes laundering, assisted them with preventing further spread of the virus.
Understanding the difficulties of the memory support environment, in addition to local, state, and federal agencies, we’re following the recommendation of the Alzheimer’s Association. While we understand asking these residents to remain in their apartments is not realistic, we are encouraging those who can remain in their apartment to do so. We are continuing to practice social distancing and enhancing environmental cleaning and infection prevention processes. Staff have been re-educated on symptoms to watch for that may differ slightly in residents with cognitive impairment.
We continue to monitor new developments and evaluate our precautions as new information becomes available. We’re committed to protecting our residents and staff during this time, and we will continue to take all necessary precautions with their health and safety in mind.
We are regularly updating our residents and family members via email, on social media and over the phone, but if you have an urgent question, as always, please reach out to our Executive Director at any time. For media inquiries, please email email@example.com.